Tuesday, December 23, 2008

{Update Part 2} - Layout and December Daily pages

So, the rest of the update from the other day.
I was asked by some of the girls at Studio Calico to join a 4 product challenge. Fun but definitely a challenge. I actually ended up loving the color combo I picked - red and brown. Totally different and then I mixed in some silver just to make the page 'pop'. I submitted this to Scrapbook Trends so we'll see if it gets picked up.
Products used:
Bazzill cardstock (red and kraft)
Crate Paper Prudence - Fortitude (both sides used)
misc ribbon and buttons
Stamps from Studio Calico and Pink Paislee (Tinsel Town line)
Used Cats Eye Chalks and Pigment inksGlitter is Pink Paislee Pixie Stix (LOVE this loose glitter. Not a big loose glitter fan, but this stuff is awesome and it comes in fabulous colors.
Layout is based on a sketch by Inspired Blueprints.


December Daily Pages 4-8 (I'm almost caught up - if thats what you want to call it. Just finished the page for Day 12 today. Not exactly where I wanted to be but with the sale and everythint else life drops in your lap, it just wasn't doable this year. But I have pictures printed out and ready to go for each day.)
Day 4 - the aftermath. Nick pulled the tree down. This is the backside to the page for Day 3 where I used the KI Memories Sheer Delights. Stickles to accent the tree and disguise the back of the journaling card for Day 3. Trees are cut from Fancy Pants Happy Holidays line and Stickles added. (Okay, Photobucket is loading the page sideways again!)


Journaling for Page 4 is on an old Junkitz card designed by the fabulous Teresa Collins. They came in a long strip with several different designs. Stay tuned... I used more in the book. I wish I could get my hands on more of these!


Backed the tree with some KI Memories Festive papers.

Day 5:
Maya Road Chipboard Album - just used one page of it here. Covered in Making Memories Fa La La papers, page from MM Journaling Book (Rouge), Stickles and Gold Gel Pen. Ornament is chipboard and comes from the Bare Naked Chipboard set for Cosmo Crickets Oh Joy line. Love these cute chipboard pieces. Covered with Sass Lass Life at the Pole papers and Stickles. Decorated both sides since it hangs off the edge. Red scallop above picture is a tiny strip from the October Afternoon Good Cheer papers.


Day 6: Took a cool picture of my temperature gauge in the car on the way home that day. It read 46 degrees. LOVE the cold weather. Little did I know that these cold temps would mean snow on the 'hills' behind us. Just a short 10 minute ride up the mountain and we would have local snow.

More Making Memories FaLaLa papers and glitter letters (LOVE this font)


Day 7: Paper Source Large envelope. I used this to post Nicks Christmas list. I'm going to fill the envelope with pictures of the things we got him. Used another one of the journaling cards from Elle's Studio Christmas Prompts pack.

The back side, I used another one of the journaling spots from Junkitz. This time, its the letter to Santa one. I'll let Nick scribble in the open space for the sake of having his 'writing' there.

Picture is the cart at Toys R us filled with all of the cool stuff we got him.

Day 8- October Afternoon Good Cheer line. Papers, rubons, cardstock stickers and journaling cards. Number 8 is actually made with 2 - o's from the alpha sticker sheet. There are no numbers so I made my own. Cardstock sticker is backed with Bazzill cardstock. Punched out using a 3 inch scalloped punch. Holly is a rubon from the rubon pack. Tree is also a rubon. I used Stickles to accent a few parts. Red letters are from the Alpha sheet. New Journaling cards from the Good Cheer pack. Actual page is a Scenic Route 8x8 mini album page. These books come with 5 pages so I stuck them in every once in a while to mix the pages up.
I'll post more December Daily pages after Christmas. I'm taking the next few days off to spend it with my family.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I didn't realize you still had this blog. Great projects!