Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've got a new toy....






To keep me busy this summer.

The Crackberry broke this week. Well, its been dying a slow death. But it lasted 21 months which is apparently longer than Crackberry's should last. The roller ball usually dies within 6 months and needs to be replaced. Or the battery dies. Or the screen dies.
I've heard any number of common Crackberry deaths but mine, she lasted. For almost 2 years.

So when the pins on the charger bent, I took her in to get fixed. With it being so close to the contract renewal, they said I could buy a new one for just $99. It was going to be more than that to fix her.

So.... I made the tough decision to trade her in. Upgrade to the newest model.


And then the salesman (clever kid) slyly points out the iPhone. I can't afford that, I say to myself. See, I can't even look at something like this. I need to have it. I want it. I dream about it. I upgraded to a Mac desktop last year and its been the most amazing transition. I love everything Apple and I want it. I'm like that creepy thing in Lord of the Rings saying 'my pressshhhhussss'.

And thats when he dropped the bomb on me. I could get an iPhone for $99. I almost punched him in the face for messing with me. You don't mess with me when it comes to shiny electronics. He had some 'splainin' to do.

See, the new Crackberry was $199 with a $100 mail in rebate. The iPhone was $399 with an INSTANT rebate of $300. Really? No, really? Thats it? And all I have to do is sign up for another 2 years of service? Aw shucks.

So, baby.....


You had me at hello.

No comments: