Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 1

ETA: Since the post is pretty much buried now, don't forget about our CHA special. Enter code CHA08 during checkout to save an extra 10% off our sale prices. There are some can't miss deals and some items are low inventory. Once they're gone, they're gone!!

Brief summary:
Toured downtown Chicago
Attended SEI and CI preview parties
Dinner at Giordanos Pizza
Met Christine Middlecamp
I'll start from the beginning. If you want to see product previews, scroll past the Chicago pictures. (There will be a folder in the Gallery with ALL of the pictures taken and descriptions of the product when we return from CHA.)
Had some free time this morning so I took the train into Chicago. Loved seeing some of the cute little neighborhoods along the way. Sorry, but this SoCal girl isn't used to seeing something other than stucco and palm trees. I'm a sucker for a brownstone and a tree-lined street!






Spent my day at Navy Pier. Shopped, had lunch and did the architectural boat tour. You know, like the tours in the movie 'The Breakup'? Loved it. I saw a lot of cute restuarants that I MUST visit the next time I'm in town. Lots of waterfront places that would be so much fun to just sit and relax at.
Headed back to Rosemont for the Creative Imaginations and SEI preview parties. I have some goodies to give away, but more on that later.



Ordered a bunch of product. Sorry, but the SEI stuff was VERY hard to get pictures of. People were crowding around. I'll get better pictures in the booth tomorrow.
Met some friends for dinner at Giordano's pizza. I have to admit, being part of an Italian family, I tend to be picky when it comes to pasta sauce. This was some gooooood sauce. The best part about it? They ship pizzas. I might be ordering one of these for the family when I get home. Hey, I've had cheesecakes shipped from New York to CA before - why not Chicago pizza?
And finally, I met someone I've been wanting to meet. Christine Middlecamp. She's been on the Design Team for Studio Calico and now October Afternoon, Prima and Crate Paper. I love the detail she puts into her work. Just an awesome person - and she has the cutest Minnesotan accent!!
Okay, I'm tired. I have a VERY long day tomorrow and lots of product to see. We will be updating the blog again tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Erika M. said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.